In this article, I’d like to share with you 5 brain hacks to be more productive.
One thing that I learned so far in this self-help venture, our brain is not designed at all for success.
Our brain is not designed to be productive, our brain only loves comfort, our brain loves easy stuff, which make us lazy, and complicent.
I discovered is not about the system to be productive, is about tactics to interfere our brain patterns that are wired naturally to keep us comortable, and lazy.
And that’s what I’m going to share with you. 5 brain hacks to be more productive no matter how lazy you are :
1.Start very small without any motivation
One the most important thing that I’ve learned in my life, is this trick : start so small, so you can’t say no.
Because there’s this popular idea that a lot of people believe in, if I want to start something, I need motivation.
You know why ? Because most people think they need to start big, so they can feel that they are something worthy, otherwise there’s no need to take action. Which is a wrong idea.
If you want to stay consistent with a habit, or learning a skill, you should establish the foundation first to pay the benefit in the long term. Here are some examples :
- You want to start the habit of reading : Start with one page a day.
- You want to start the habit of going to the gym : Show up for just 5 minutes for a month.
- You want to start the habit of flossing : Floss one teeth .
- You want to start writing blog posts : Start with a paragraph a day.
- You get the point…
2. Prime your environment for productivity
Our environment influence drastically our behaviors. One of the big mistakes that most of us make is we try to be productive in the wrong environment.
What I learned you need to change your environment where it’s easy to be productive. You don’t have to do any mental effort to be productive. Here are some questions you need to ask yourself :
- How could you be focused if you’re feeding your mind with trash news that you’re looking on in TV or your phone.
- How could you be productive if all your friends don’t have any purpose, and distracting you with their requests.
- How could you be productive if you are working in a messy room, or in a noisy place.
Do you want more productivity tips articles:
- How to get more work done in less time
- 4 Productivity tips to skyrocket your online business
- 3 Ways to stay focused and stop procrastinating
3.Practice breathing exercises
Another way to make yourself productive is to train your brain to be calm, and focused in the present moment.
We all have busy brains. Learning how to get your brain your slave will help you a lot to remain focus and productive for a long period time.
So create a habit of breathing every single day. You can do it at the morning, or at night before you go to sleep.
Begin with just one minute.The goal is to practice the art of showing up before you raise the bar.
4.Use a to-do list
The fourth idea to be productive and get your brain ultra focused is to use a to do list.
The to do list is kind of a road map for the day. If you have a big project, scale it down to small tasks, and each day write at least three ones in a piece of paper or your phone.
Once a task it’s done, cross it.
By doing this simple act, you are sending to your brain that I stand for my thing, and you’re building the identity of someone that sticks to what he says to himself, which is the core element of productivity.
Whatever gets rewarded gets repeated. To stick to whatever important to you, and trick your brain, use your dopamine system.
We all crave for a hit of dopamine here and there, that’s keeping us to strive for somehting in this life.
In order to get yourself back to your habit, give yourself a reward. It could be anything it dosen’t have to be a big thing. The goal is to feel good after doing your thing.
This article was about 5 brain hacks to be more productive.